Hi friends and followers of Ru El’s Running Blog.
We’ve migrated over from this wordpress.com version (ruelsrunning.wordpress.com) of the blog to a new, improved and self-hosted version now at http://www.ruelsrunning.com.
For blog followers, stay up-to-date with the latest from Ru El’s Running by doing the following:
- Go to the new and improved site: http://www.ruelsrunning.com
- Locate and complete the simple SUBSCRIBE TO RU EL’S RUNNING BLOG VIA EMAIL box on the right-hand side of the page.
- You’ll get a confirmation email asking you to click to Confirm Following the site. Click to confirm and you’ll continue to receive up-to-date information from Ru El’s Running Blog+Podcast. That’s all you have to do!
If you no longer wish to receive updates I want to thank you for following up to this point and wish you the very best in every endeavor. If you do wish to stick around, it’ll only get better!
Cheers & go Run!
- Ru’s well update. A follow-up from the sick show RER Episode 011.
- Neighborhood family adventure: Strollers, Simple Running, Prowling, and Splinters
- Quote: “I always say the only limitations are in your mind, and if you don’t buy into those limits, you can do a helluva lot more than you imagine.” ― Marshall Ulrich, Running on Empty
- Shout-out to Ultrarunner Tony Portera
- Link: Vinnie Tortorich’s No Sugar No Grains FB Group
- Ru’s Run Update
- Running Podcast Listening Ninjas
- Quote: “If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.” ― Julia Child
- Article: “Science says Tim Noakes is right on cholesterol – and lots more!”
- Ru El’s Running Blog’s Resource page
- Recommended Books
- Meeting Marshall Ulrich
- Going to the doctor.
- Cholesterol Advanced Testing
Follow the show:
Follow the show:
Intro & Outro Music:
Artist/Song: Luzius Stone / Fire In The Sky.
Bad medicine bump music:
“Bad Medicine” by Bon Jovi
I like my fats on long run. Will have to try this at some point.
1. Pickup bacon ends from your store meat section/butcher.
2. Depending on the amount you cook, use a size pot that keeps the bacon ends together when it eventually cooks in its own grease.
3. Place the bacon ends in the pot and fill with enough water to cover the bacon.
4. On a stove bring to a boil, then reduce to medium to medium-high heat. Basically allow all the water to evaporate while melting the fat of the bacon.
5. Eventually the bacon will be frying in its own grease. Cook till the bacon is completely crispy. So control the temperature so avoid burning and stir/ turn the bacon occasionally.
6. With a spoon, tong, or chopsticks, carefully scoop out bacon and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
7. Sprinkle bacon with salt to taste.
8. SAVE YOUR LARD! Double-strain or pour…
View original post 46 more words
Ru El’s Running 010 : Intermittent Fasting | Fasting Pitfall | Coffee Benefits | The Barefoot Bandito | Girl Scout Cookies
Shout-outs and stuff:
- Top 10 list
- A mention on The America’s Angriest Trainer Podcast with Vinnie Tortorich and Anna Vocino.
- Ru El’s a “bastard” and how he developed this prestigious title and why bastardship is something to be grateful for.
- Ru’s super quick run update.
- An ultra cool story of Guam’s own Guinness Book of World Recorders holder Eddie “Barefoot Bandito” Vega.
- A dad explains something about girls selling cookies?
Health & Nutrition
Article “Science Confirms The More Coffee You Drink The Longer You Will Live” By Kris Gunnars
Coffee is a big source of antioxidants.
Other fondlings on topics on:
- Intermittent fasting (I.F.) approach
- Bulletproof style coffees
- Fats options to add to coffee:
- Coconut oil
- MCT oil
- Heavy (whipping/manufacturing/double) cream
- Coconut cream
- Pitfall of curbing appetite and I.F.
Follow the show:
Coffeelicious bump music:
“One More Cup of Coffe” by Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley
If you’re like me, you practice freezing veggies to be used later for cooking and especially Vitamix shakes. Here is what the frozen crumbs of greens like kale or chard can be used for.
Sprinkle them on your cooking instead of parsley.
Ru discusses migraine headaches, dieting, the hollow body, jump rope, and sucking souls.
Blew My Migraines Away post.
Play & Family Update: A tale of sucking souls.
“Most people never get there. They’re afraid or unwilling to demand enough of themselves and take the easy road, the path of least resistance. But struggling and suffering, as I now saw it, were the essence of a life worth living. If you’re not pushing yourself beyond the comfort zone, if you’re not constantly demanding more from yourself—expanding and learning as you go—you’re choosing a numb existence. You’re denying yourself an extraordinary trip.” Dean Karnazes
Follow the show:
In this Quickiesode, Ru gives shout-outs, an end-of-the-month run update, pharmacy batter tale, importance of play, and the 10th Annual People’s Podcast Awards.
Health Update (not really): A pharmacy batter tale.
If you like voting and you like podcasts, why not vote for your favorite podcasts? I’m obviously biased. It’s time for the PodCast Awards again. If you are listeners of the “The Angriest Trainer” Podcast or fans of the book “Fitness Confidential” as a reminder, go to PodCastAwards.com and vote for “The Angriest Trainer” for best podcast in the “Health and Fitness” category. Voting closes by February 6th 2015. So go vote…right now!
Ru discusses his understanding about gut microbiota, kicking diet soda addiction, shares his first fat adapted ultra distance run, and a neighborhood hike.
Check out “Everything you wanted to know about gut microbiota” as a place to start.
40 mile fat adapted run:
Post to 40 for 40.
“The cell needs to learn how to get there.” ~Vinnie Tortorich
“When you think that you are done, you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing. And that’s just the limits we put on ourselves.” ~David Goggins
Book (affiliate link):
Learn about Vinnie Tortorich’s NSNG Lifestyle
Fire In The Sky by Luzius Stone
Caterpillar by The Cure
Overcoming chronic cardio and poor food choices to improve health. A personal example of how you can’t out-exercise a bad diet.
Link to the Fried Food Fridays blog post.