Vitamix-ing Never Gets Old
Never gets old. I think it just gets better every time I make one of these smoothies with the Vitamix. The usual suspects of ingredients.
- Kale (1 cup)
- Red chard (1 cup)
- Broccoli (1/2 cup)
- Apple (1/2 – 3/4)
- Frozen blue berries (1/4 cup)
- Avocado (half of a small one)
- Raw almonds (6-8)
- Ground cinnamon (1 tsp)
- Pink Himalayan sea salt (a pinch)
- Heavy whipping cream (1 tbl)
- Coconut oil (1 tbl)
- Plain full fat Greek yogurt (1 tbl)
- Water (1 cup to start and add as needed)
- Coffee (1/4 cup previously brewed and cooled)
In a plastic zip lock bag I froze the red chard, the kale, sliced apple, broccoli, and the blueberries. Freezing a bunch of the ingredients has 2 benefits:
- Stays fresh frozen until ready for use. Thus avoiding wilting or rotting your awesome vegetables.
- Reduce (or eliminate) the amount of ice needed to make the shake. Therefore packing in more nutrients per smoothie.
Posted on January 11, 2015, in Coffee, NSNG, Nutrition, Recovery and tagged avocado, blueberries, broccoli, chard, coconut oil, Coffee, frozen, greek yogurt, heavy whipping cream, Kale, pink himalayan sea salt, raw almonds, smoothie, Vitamix. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.