I like my fats on long run. Will have to try this at some point.
1. Pickup bacon ends from your store meat section/butcher.
2. Depending on the amount you cook, use a size pot that keeps the bacon ends together when it eventually cooks in its own grease.
3. Place the bacon ends in the pot and fill with enough water to cover the bacon.
4. On a stove bring to a boil, then reduce to medium to medium-high heat. Basically allow all the water to evaporate while melting the fat of the bacon.
5. Eventually the bacon will be frying in its own grease. Cook till the bacon is completely crispy. So control the temperature so avoid burning and stir/ turn the bacon occasionally.
6. With a spoon, tong, or chopsticks, carefully scoop out bacon and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
7. Sprinkle bacon with salt to taste.
8. SAVE YOUR LARD! Double-strain or pour…
View original post 46 more words