Category Archives: Uncategorized
Hi friends and followers of Ru El’s Running Blog.
We’ve migrated over from this wordpress.com version (ruelsrunning.wordpress.com) of the blog to a new, improved and self-hosted version now at http://www.ruelsrunning.com.
For blog followers, stay up-to-date with the latest from Ru El’s Running by doing the following:
- Go to the new and improved site: http://www.ruelsrunning.com
- Locate and complete the simple SUBSCRIBE TO RU EL’S RUNNING BLOG VIA EMAIL box on the right-hand side of the page.
- You’ll get a confirmation email asking you to click to Confirm Following the site. Click to confirm and you’ll continue to receive up-to-date information from Ru El’s Running Blog+Podcast. That’s all you have to do!
If you no longer wish to receive updates I want to thank you for following up to this point and wish you the very best in every endeavor. If you do wish to stick around, it’ll only get better!
Cheers & go Run!
I like my fats on long run. Will have to try this at some point.
1. Pickup bacon ends from your store meat section/butcher.
2. Depending on the amount you cook, use a size pot that keeps the bacon ends together when it eventually cooks in its own grease.
3. Place the bacon ends in the pot and fill with enough water to cover the bacon.
4. On a stove bring to a boil, then reduce to medium to medium-high heat. Basically allow all the water to evaporate while melting the fat of the bacon.
5. Eventually the bacon will be frying in its own grease. Cook till the bacon is completely crispy. So control the temperature so avoid burning and stir/ turn the bacon occasionally.
6. With a spoon, tong, or chopsticks, carefully scoop out bacon and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
7. Sprinkle bacon with salt to taste.
8. SAVE YOUR LARD! Double-strain or pour…
View original post 46 more words