- Ru’s well update. A follow-up from the sick show RER Episode 011.
- Neighborhood family adventure: Strollers, Simple Running, Prowling, and Splinters
- Quote: “I always say the only limitations are in your mind, and if you don’t buy into those limits, you can do a helluva lot more than you imagine.” ― Marshall Ulrich, Running on Empty
- Shout-out to Ultrarunner Tony Portera
- Link: Vinnie Tortorich’s No Sugar No Grains FB Group
- Ru’s Run Update
- Running Podcast Listening Ninjas
- Quote: “If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.” ― Julia Child
- Article: “Science says Tim Noakes is right on cholesterol – and lots more!”
- Ru El’s Running Blog’s Resource page
- Recommended Books
- Meeting Marshall Ulrich
- Going to the doctor.
- Cholesterol Advanced Testing
Follow the show:
- 1-2 Kale leaves raw
- 1 Red chard
- 2 broccoli florets
- 1 celery stalks raw
- 1 carrot stick raw
- 1 Fuji apple
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 4 raw almonds
- 2 raw brazil nuts
- 1 tsp powdered spirulina
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp plain full-fat Greek yogurt
Vitamix or Blend Tec blender are touted as the best. I can’t afford a new blender to I’m using the one we got off of a wedding gift gift card. Ours is a Cuisanart blender from William Sonoma I think.
Just blend till you get it all into a foamy liquid. It’s better than juicing because it includes the fiber and all the nutrients the plant has to offer. Blending predigest the food so you don’t have to expend energy breaking it down.
It makes 1 sippy cup for my youngest son, 1 insulated bottle with ice, and 1 glass worth. Drink the glass in the morning for breakfast, and the insulated bottle for 2pm lunch.
AVOID JUICING. A juicer removes the good fiber and leave you with basically a glass of sugar. Juice alone will spike your insulin and raise your blood sugar. If the fiber is left in, when consumed, it’ll help buffer the sugar hit to your system, thus minimizing an insulin spike. So if you are pre-diabetic or diabetic, you really shouldn’t be juicing. Also if you are insulin resistant, you’re better off blending over juicing. Moreover, excess sugar causes inflammation in the body and inflammation is far from heart healthy. Lastly cancer cells are know to feed on glucose from sugar. If people walk around carrying cancer cells but don’t know about it, it could be a matter of time under the right conditions that can make cancer cells grow. That condition involve feeding cancer cells what they want, glucose or sugar, and in the body’s inflamed state caused by what? S u g a r. A recipe for a storm if you catch my drift.
Don’t take my word for it. I’m not a doctor. But you know who is? Dr. Robert Lustig is. Google him and check out his book “Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease” and learn the truth.