Never gets old. I think it just gets better every time I make one of these smoothies with the Vitamix. The usual suspects of ingredients.
- Kale (1 cup)
- Red chard (1 cup)
- Broccoli (1/2 cup)
- Apple (1/2 – 3/4)
- Frozen blue berries (1/4 cup)
- Avocado (half of a small one)
- Raw almonds (6-8)
- Ground cinnamon (1 tsp)
- Pink Himalayan sea salt (a pinch)
- Heavy whipping cream (1 tbl)
- Coconut oil (1 tbl)
- Plain full fat Greek yogurt (1 tbl)
- Water (1 cup to start and add as needed)
- Coffee (1/4 cup previously brewed and cooled)
In a plastic zip lock bag I froze the red chard, the kale, sliced apple, broccoli, and the blueberries. Freezing a bunch of the ingredients has 2 benefits:
- Stays fresh frozen until ready for use. Thus avoiding wilting or rotting your awesome vegetables.
- Reduce (or eliminate) the amount of ice needed to make the shake. Therefore packing in more nutrients per smoothie.
Ru El’s Running 003 : Running Goals | Good Starts | Podcasting | Bone Broth | Quotes | I Love Coffee
Episode 3 discusses Ru’s personal run goals, starting off right, growing pains of new podcasting, bone broth bliss, a good quote, & Frank Sinatra’s I Love Coffee??
Ru El’s Running blog post “I Don’t Like My Coffee”
The New York Times: Food article “Bones, Broth, Bliss”
Wendell Berry’s quote.